Little Locals Early Education is a family owned and operated group that has five early learning centres in QLD. The hands-on owners have more than 12 years’ experience in the industry. We pride ourselves on putting families and staff first to make a positive impact in the local community. Our philosophy centres around a commitment to the environment and sustainability education. Our vision is to raise communities – through nurturing future generations, supporting modern families and building communities.
- Extraordinary people: A passionate team filled with highly-skilled and dedicated educators who bring warmth, love and happiness to every child’s day.
- Family focus: Supporting families in every way we can, with a flexible approach that’s tailored to you and your children.
- Purposeful play: A learning approach and environment that will enrich your child’s development, encourage individuality and ignite their imagination.
- Life skills: Preparing our children with socialisation and life skills such as confidence, forming friendships, sharing and problem solving.
- Little Locals: Our team, our families and their little boys and girls will make a meaningful contribution to our local community.
|Toowoomba Gardens||Little Locals Early Learning||Highfields Gardens|
Climate Change Action
Little Locals Early Education Centres achieved carbon neutral certification on the 1/07/2020. To achieve this status and become carbon neutral Little Locals Early Education Centres undertook the following process:
- Commissioned a NoCO2 audit from CRI to measure their carbon footprint for FY2019. CRI’s NoCO2 audit follows the standards outlined by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development’s Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard (1), in addition to the international standard ISO 14064.1 (2).
- Have committed to offset their unavoidable emissions through the purchase of units in approved projects under the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) and Gold Standard, and
- Committed to ongoing annual auditing of their emissions.
What does Carbon Neutral Service Certification mean?
By meeting the requirements of the NoCO2 Program, Little Locals Early Education is certified as a Carbon Neutral Business by CRI; can be promoted and marketed as such and can display the NoCO2 logo issued by CRI.
What Carbon Credit Projects does Little Locals purchase offsets from?
Rimba Raya Biodiversity Project
Rimba Raya is an initiative to protect and preserve High Conservation Value tropical lowland peat swamp forests; one of the most highly endangered ecosystems in the world. The Project aims to reduce Indonesia’s greenhouse gas emissions and protect the endangered Borneo Orangutan, and other RED listed species, by preserving 64 977 hectares of tropical peat swamp forest.
Rimba Raya is the largest ever REDD+ project to see its emission reductions verified under the Verified Carbon Standard, reducing greenhouse gas emissions by an average of 4-5 million tonnes per year and having already verified over 15 million tonnes to date. The project is scheduled to reduce more than 130 million over the 30 project life.