Rider Levett Bucknall (RLB) is a global independent construction, property, and management consultancy, with a team of over 80 people in the UAE and Qatar working together to shape the future of the built environment.
RLB delivers cost management and quantity surveying, advisory, project and programming management, and sustainability and carbon services to maximise value in all areas of the built environment to deliver successful and sustainable outcomes for our clients.
We bring our understanding of the longer-term impact of value to help our clients build for a better future, and to drive development in the industry. We are focused on making a positive social impact and giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
It is our people who make RLB unique, and it is their combined expertise, skills and experience that inspires confidence in our clients. Our independence means we can adapt to our clients’ needs, whatever and wherever they may be. Our team of experts work collaboratively with our clients to deliver success, project by project.
Our people are empowered to bring their imagination to life – by engaging with stakeholders, understanding aspirations, and challenging themselves and others to significantly improve our built environment. RLB in the UAE and Qatar is pleased to announce that we are a carbon neutral consultancy having achieved NoCO2 Certification.
What does NoCO2 Certification mean?
By meeting the requirements of the NoCO2 Program, RLB in the UAE and Qatar are certified as a Carbon Neutral business by CRI; can be promoted and marketed as such and can display the NoCO2 Logo issued by CRI. To achieve this status and become carbon neutral RLB in Australia undertook the following process:
- Commissioned a NoCO2 audit from CRI to measure their carbon footprint for FY2023. CRI’s NoCO2 audit follows the standards outlined by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development’s Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard (1), in addition to the international standard ISO 14064.1 (2).
- Have committed to offset their unavoidable emissions through the purchase of units in approved projects under the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) and Gold Standard, and
- Committed to ongoing annual auditing of their emissions.
What Carbon Credit Projects does RLB in the UAE and Qatar purchase offsets from?
India Wind Project
Investments in clean energy sources, such as wind, are considered to be essential both in the interest of the environment and for public health reasons. Wind projects partially displace electricity currently generated from grid-connected conventional fossil fuel-based thermal power plants, while reducing emissions. Wind Projects reduce the emission of greenhouse gases and limit local air pollution, curtailing its negative health impacts. In addition to its environmental benefits, the implementation of the project creates job opportunities for local workers, contractors, and suppliers, while the operation and maintenance of the wind park generate long-term employment positions.
- Rider Levett Bucknall LLC (Doha)
- Rider Levett Bucknall LLC (Abu Dhabi)
- Rider Levett Bucknall LLC Gulf States Pty. Ltd (Abu Dhabi)
- Rider Levett Bucknall LLC Gulf States Pty. Ltd (Dubai)