Spicers is a dynamic and solutions-focused company with a passion for supplying quality materials, equipment, and solutions to our customers in the commercial print, labelling, signage, visual display and architectural industries. In addition to our product offerings, Spicers are committed to sustainability and environmental responsibility. We work with suppliers who use sustainable forestry practices and strive to reduce their own environmental impact through initiatives such as reducing waste and energy consumption. Our wide range of products, high quality materials, commitment to sustainability, and experienced and knowledgeable team can offer expert advice and guidance to clients.
Read more about our commitment to sustainability here:
Precision Laser is the go-to choice for those who demand both quality and affordability. PEFC certified and laser guaranteed, this extraordinary all-purpose offset paper boasts superior bulk and opacity characteristics, with exceptional print results that will leave a lasting impression.
- PEFC Certified
- Economically priced
- Excellent runnability and bulk
- Laser Guaranteed
- Available in 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120 gsm
- Available Carbon Neutral
- Annual reports
- Corporate Identity
- Direct mail
Precision Laser Carbon Neutral Paper is certified as carbon neutral by the Carbon Reduction Institute (CRI) under the NoCO2 Program through Spicers. Spicers have sourced Precision Laser through Spicers Oceania who undertook an LCA.
Certification requires the following:
- Life Cycle Assessment: Spicers Oceania commissioned a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) audit from CRI to measure the carbon footprint of their products; including A4 & A3 Super White Copy Papers. The emissions assessed include emissions generated from the raw materials, energy used in production, storage and transportation, packaging and end of life disposal. CRI’s LCA methodology follows the standards outlined by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development’s Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard (1), as well as the series of international standards for LCA’s: ISO 14040 and ISO 14044. CRI’s assessment relied upon site-specific data from the mill, Oceania and their operations, as well as published sources of relevant data and emissions factors.
- Offsetting: Spicers have committed to offsetting the unavoidable emissions associated with the Precision Laser Carbon Neutral Paper through the purchase of units in approved projects under the Verified Carbon Standard (VCS), and
- Reporting: Spicers Oceania have committed to ongoing auditing of their product emissions by reporting unit sales of Precision Laser Carbon Neutral Paper to CRI on a quarterly basis.
What does Make it Carbon Neutral Product Certification mean?
By meeting the requirements of the NoCO2 Program, Precision Laser Carbon Neutral Paper is certified to be sold as a carbon neutral product by Spicers; as an option at the time of purchase.
What Carbon Credit Project does Spicers purchase units from?
The China Wind Project provides a renewable, clean energy source for power generation. Wind projects partially displace electricity currently generated from grid-connected conventional fossil fuel based thermal power plants, thereby reducing overall emissions. Furthermore, by reducing harmful pollutants in the atmosphere, the China Wind Project also provides public health and local environmental benefits. Such projects also provide economic benefits through increased investment in renewable energy and employment opportunities.